Council releases 5 recommendations in final report
March 21, 2018
Ontario’s Mental Health & Addictions Leadership Advisory Council (the Council) has released their Final Report with five key recommendations.
The Council was established in 2014 to provide the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care with strategic advice to fulfill the vision outlined in Open Minds Healthy Minds, the government’s ten year strategy to build a comprehensive mental health and addictions system in Ontario.
This report from the Council outlined five overarching recommendations, including critical conditions for success, and future considerations for the path forward for the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
- The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) adopt 5in5 THRIVE, the Mental Health Promotion, Prevention and Early Intervention Action Framework.
- MOHLTC continue to address chronic gaps in youth addictions, psychotherapy and supportive housing.
- MOHLTC take action towards enhanced governance, equitable access to services, and youth policy reform for system transformation.
- MOHLTC ensure that policies, programs and practices be developed and implemented in alignment with key guiding principles for system excellence.
- MOHLTC pursue further study of, and address, additional areas of concern identified by the Council.
Read the report for full details.